ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
You are invited to submit an abstract for The 18th Annual Meeting of the Middle East Academy of Otolaryngology; Head and Neck Surgery, to be held from 26 – 28 May 2023, at the Event Centre, Dubai Festival City in Dubai, The United Arab Emirates.
To submit an abstract, please read all of the instructions below:
Abstract submission deadline: 15 February 2023 – 11:59 PM GST.
Notification on Acceptance/Rejection: 28 February 2023 – 11:59 PM GST.
Please note that only electronic submissions are accepted.
All abstracts must be submitted in English using the online submission form on the ENTAcademy website.
- Abstracts are required for all e-poster and proffered paper presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted maximum by 28 February 2023 (23:59 GST). Abstracts received after this time will not be accepted for judging.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing. It is possible to withdraw an abstract 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- If selected, it is the responsibility of the presenter to bear his travel and accommodation expenses.
Presenting Author and Registration
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- Disclosure: Abstract submitter and presenter are required to disclose any conflict of interest.
- Ensure that all co-authors approve the abstract submission, publication, and potential presentation.
- At least one of the named authors of an abstract display must be a registered paying delegate for the conference they are submitting their abstract to Registrations must be received by Wednesday, 15 March 2023.
- Abstract submitters must consent to the Policies of Abstract Submission.
- Scientific committee reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific program that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- Hotel expenses, travel expenses and registration fee will not be paid or reimbursed to any author accepted for oral presentation or e-poster display.
Types of Submissions
- Free Paper Submission
- Keynote lecture – 1 hour presentation on a specific subject matter
- Roundtable proposal – 1 hour discussion between 3 or more experts who will present for 10 minutes each and be hosted by the moderator
- Panel Discussion – 1 hour discussion between experts on a specific issue with questions directed by the moderator to share different opinions. The moderator will define the presentation and lead the discussion with the panelists.
- Instructional course – A 1 hour session delivered by one or two instructors which includes explanations using graphics, videos or images.
- How I do it – 1 hour session which shows his/her experience in a particular procedure